-circular magnets (not quite the heavy duty ones I used here, but stronger than the average ones)
-plastic animal figures (I used dinosaurs, cuz they're fun!)
-glue (I used paper Mod Podge because I was too lazy to dig out the good stuff; hopefully they don't fall off eventually)
1. Decide which animals will work best by eye-balling their width at the mid-way point
2. Slice em! I first sawed back and forth with a bread knife, but then found I could just chop them in one clean go.
3. Put a large dab of glue on a magnet, and press your animal halves into each one. Let them dry completely - I left mine overnight.
4. I've seen posts that hold a piece of paper or photo in between the halves, so make sure you arrange the magnets so that they stick together properly.
5. Done! Dino-magnets! The butts crack me up.
Note: This was the sloppy method, for sure. I could have used stronger glue and next time I will find animals that are a bit thicker in the middle. You can see from some of the pics that the glue dried quite thickly around the magnet, but I didn't care too much about that. I think they turned out fine and, hey, they make me laugh! Hope you enjoy :)