Tuesday 28 January 2014

Ovation Awards

Last Sunday night was the Ovation Awards, an event honouring musicals in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. Both my hubs and I were nominated, both for our work in the King and I, but it was a great chance to meet up with many friends in the community to celebrate all the shows from last year. I got to sing my solo from the King and I, it was very nice to revisit that song. Here's a grainy pic just before the event started.
I didn't win in my category, but my good friend Dusty Rose DID! She was so surprised and thrilled, it was just perfect. In fact, many people from How to Succeed won, including our director and the actors in leading male and female categories. And LOOK, my hubbie won for outstanding Music Director for the King and I!! (And yes, we celebrated with McDonalds.)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to all involved, just getting nominated is a prize in itself.

    ReplyDelete