Tuesday 11 February 2014

Jewelry holder

Last weekend I made a jewelry holder, aren't I craft? My friend made me something like this a couple of years ago, and it has since broken. I had my stuff in a stand that you place on the counter, but really liked having it up on the wall. So here's what I came up with:
I bought the wooden farm at Dollar Giant for 2 bucks! Then I painted the front and insides gold, and used Mod Podge to cover the outside with some nice scrapbook paper.
Then I took a bunch of gold screws and placed them on the edges. I used eyelet screws on the inside, and placed two lengths of chain on them to hold my earrings.
It's wide enough that it has a space to put a little tray/holder for all my stud earrings and rings. I will add a magnetic strip to the top, to hold my stray bobby pins. I just love it! I'm so glad it turned out well! I've had requests from my sisters to make a couple more - it was so quick and easy, I just might do that. Yay for crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment