Friday 3 October 2014

The best apple pie/crumble ever!

I have already blogged about the little apple tree in my backyard, from which I got these yummy looking apples.
Well after scouring Pinterest, I found this pin, which has the easiest recipe to the yummiest pie ever! She calls it Swedish Apple Pie, but my mom calls it crumble, because it has no bottom crust. In any case, the hardest part was chopping up the apples. But then you sprinkle them with sugar and I added a bit of cinnamon here too, so it already smelled divine.
Then you mix up the dough and pile it on top. Mine looked a lot chunkier than the picture in the original pin, but I used vegetable oil instead of butter, so maybe that's why? I'm not much of a baker so I just threw it all together and crossed my fingers.
Here it is, just out of the oven. And let me tell you, it was delicious. So good that I called my mom and she basically rushed over to try some and gave her approval too. Then two of my sisters came over to sample it too. I'll try making it again in a square dish, to see if I can recreated the magic. Yay, baking success!

No comments:

Post a Comment